The Canon Mx490 Printer Offline Error is a multi-tasker which not only makes the printing process easier but comfortable and efficient for the users. This printer has amazing features along with efficient connectivity and the options to print, copy, scan, or fax according to your own needs. You may use this printer for wireless printing and enjoy the process of printing from anywhere without the issues that might come to existence if you use a USB cable.
Facing errors and issues with the Canon printing process?
If you ever face any issue with the Canon printer, you may always fix them by the easy and handy processes that might be available for that specific problem. It will save your time and money all at once in the comfort of your home. The users have several complaints at times about the Canon MX490 printer offline error, which troubles them with their printing process. However, you can solve the Canon printer MX490 error code with the help of the elaborated steps below.
- Firstly, you need to successfully connect the Canon MX490 printer to the device with a USB or Wi-Fi.
- If you have connected the device to your printer with the use of a USB cable, you must ensure that it is not at all loose at any of its ends and is not broken in between.
- Then you also need to try and print the network configuration page in order to ensure and confirm the correct IP address of the printer.
- If you are using Wi-Fi for the connection, you must ensure that the network is constants and continuous. Make sure the device is connected to the router appropriately along with the printer.
- Also, ensure that the printer and devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network for proper functioning.
Next, you must ensure that the printer you’re using is set as default with the device you use to give the print commands. Go on with the following steps to do the same:
- Go to the control panel of your device to select the device and printers option.
- Once the new menu opens, you need to right-click on the Canon printer you are using and select the option ‘Set as default.’
- Canon Pixma MX490 is now set as default with the device that you are using. Give a sample print command in order to ensure that the problem does not exist anymore.
The other reason for the Canon MX490 printer offline error could be the existence of too many print commands yet unfulfilled. This might hamper the proper functioning and further processing of commands. Hence you need to clear all the pending commands by the following methods.
- Open the control panel section on your device and go to the devices and printers option.
- Do a right-click on the Canon printer you’re using and select the option ‘See what’s printing.’
- Clear all the existing commands by clicking on the cancel all documents or clear every command one by one according to your needs.
- Once all the commands are cleared, you may now give a new command and see if the printer starts working back correctly and has come back to an online mode.
We expect that the above steps or methods are successful in bringing back the Canon printer online and fix the Canon MX490 printer offline error. You may reach out to customer care on the Canon official website by the details that are given there itself. The experts and professionals there are present for 24*7 assistance.
Frequently asked questions
How to get rid of the Canon printer MX490 error code?
You may check if the printer is turned on and ensure that it is set up as default with your device. Also, make sure that the network connection to which it is connected is stable and continuous with the internet connectivity. If required, you may also update the existing printer drivers for better functioning.
How can I connect my Canon printer to a device?
You may connect the Canon printer to any device with the help of the WPS pin, WPS button on the router, or by the use of a USB cable that is provided along with the printer itself. If you want to connect your printer with your smartphone or Android device, you may use the Canon app installed on your device for connection.
Why is my Canon printer not printing? Canon printer, not printing issue could be due to the improper connection or absence of network connectivity. There are possible chances of the printer drivers being outdated, or the connecting wire might be loose. You may check for all these options and find a solution for the same in order to start printing effectively.
Also Read :