A USB cable is something that is designed for standardizing the peripheral device connections with the computer system. The hardware devices that can be connected to a computer system or laptop includes keyboards, scanners, mouse, pointing devices, printers and more to establish a connection with the system and also for electric power supply.
There are a lot of printers that don’t have a printer port. In such cases, USB is no less than a blessing. You can easily connect your printer to the laptop using a USB cable. Here is the guide given that can help you connect an HP printer to a laptop with USB easily and without any hassle.
Steps for Connecting HP Printer to Laptop with USB
There are only a few steps that are needed to make a connection between an HP printer and laptop using a USB cable. So, let’s begin:
- The very first step is to prepare the printer for setup.
- Next is to check if the printer is turned on or not? In case if it is not, please turn it on.
- Now, take a USB cable, and search for the available printer port on your laptop.
- In case if you have connected via a dock station or a USB hub, the chances of the printer not operating efficiently is high due to insufficient power.
- For the situation when you have already connected the USB cable to your laptop even before installing the HP drivers, follow the down below procedure:
- Remove the USB cable from the connected laptop.
- Install the HP drivers.
- Connect back the USB cable when a pop up message appears on your laptop screen asking for the same.
- In a laptop with Windows, search for Device
- Now click on Devices and Printers options that can be seen under the Control Panel
- Right click on the printer model number that you are using and click on the Remove button
- Remove the multiple printer icons
- Now for proceeding further, close the Devices and Printers.
- Start installing the HP printer driver and setup a connection.
- Visit HP’s website and enter your printer model number.
- Now follow all the instructions given on the screen that is needed for downloading the printer drivers.
- After the download is completed, open the downloaded exe file and initiate the setup.
Related Blog’s :