HP Officejet printers are highly in demand and majorly used in businesses and offices. Officejet 5255 is also one such printer from HP that is an ideal option for office work and startup businesses. But one more thing that is super important for any office is WiFi and a printer used in an office need to get connected to the WiFi.
There are hell lot of methods to connect HP Officejet 5255 to WiFi. All you need to do is to establish an active internet connection to a wireless router. One wireless internet connection, an HP Officejet 5255 printer, and a computer system or laptop.
We have mentioned multiple methods for HP Officejet 5255 wireless setup and you can try any of these to establish the wireless connection with your printer.
Steps For Connecting HP Officejet 5255 to WiFi Setup
There are a lot of ways for setting up your printer to a wireless internet connection. You can use any of these methods for connecting your HP Officejet 5255 printer to WiFi. The standard way of making a connection is using a USB.
For connecting your printer to the computer system can be done using a USB cable. The printer can be installed either by using Compact Disc or form the official website of the printer brand that is HP.
- You can use HP Auto Wireless Connect for letting your printer connect to the wireless devices. It also offers instruction sets that need to be followed for installing the printer driver on your computer system.
- Now, a wizard will come up, set the preferred network type and then choose the required printer settings.
- You need not worry about the rest of the process. HP Auto Connect has a feature to take careof the remaining procedure.
- It is recommended to run the Wireless Setup Wizard present on your HP Officejet printer’s control panel.
- This method works only for the printers that have a touch display option available.
- Now, click on the wireless icon and visit the Network menu.
- You will get a long list of active wireless networks you need to choose your network name or the SSID.
- In case, if the wireless network that you are looking for is not available in the list, you can enter the details of the same manually.
- Enter the security password. Make sure to enter the correct details as they are case sensitive.
- You can also use the WPS method, in case if your fail to connect your printer to the WiFi network.
- There are two method under this, WPS push button and PIN.
- Initially, check if your router has a WPS push button or not? If yes, move to the next step.
- Go to the printer spec settings and check whether they support WPS or not? If yes, then go to the next step.
- Hit the WPS button present on your printer and wait for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, hit the WPS button given on your wireless router.
- This method will connect your printer to the wireless internet router.
- If you are yet unable to connect, then try the PIN method.
- When your display indicates The Pin, you are supposed to open the application for wireless router and enter WPS PIN.
Also Read :