HP LaserJet P1102W Wireless Printer Setup
The demand for the HP LaserJet P1102W wireless printer is super high and the question that is roaming around the internet is how to setup HP Laser Jet P1102W Wireless Printer. We are here to answer all your setup related questions and clearing all your doubts that you may have while setting up your new HP Laser Jet P1102W wireless printer.
The procedure of setup HP Laser Jet P1102W Wireless Printer is not at all difficult. Just a few clicks here and there might end up confusing you and keeping this in mind, we have this article for you all. Here we are going to discuss the setup procedure for windows as well as for Mac devices.
So, without any further ado, let’s start setting up this brand new printer of yours.
Setting Up of HP Laser Jet P1102W Wireless Printer For Windows
All the people using Windows computers and wishing to connect their wireless printer to the system can follow the given steps without any worries.
- The very first step to switching on both your windows installed computer system and HP Laser Jet P1102W Wireless printer. Keep your printer close to the computer system.
- Make sure your computer is connected to an internet connection.
- On your system, visit the webpage (www.123.hp.com/laserjet).
- Follow all the prompts and download the printer driver file by hitting the download button.
- Open this downloaded file to start the printer setup procedure.
- Before checking the box given along with “I have reviewed and accept the agreements and settings”, please read all the terms and license agreement carefully.
- Now click on the easy install option checkbox and then hit the next button.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page that will show the list of printers found. Select your HP Laser Jet P1102W printer and select continue.
- The installation of the software is done now. After the completion of software installation, the setup page will show all the printers it is able to find.
- In case, if you are unable to see your printer name here, hit the“my printer is not shown” button and click on continue.
- Select the configure to print over the wireless network option and hit the next button.
- The installation of software and driver will start now.
- Now you can connect your computer to the printer with the help of an USB cable.
- After the detection of printer connection is done, the installation process of the printer will automatically continue on the wireless configuration mode. Hit next.
- When the prompt for wireless discovery appears, choose automatic to let the computer system find the wireless login credentials. Then hit next.
- After this, the wireless network credentials will be displayed on the screen along with the network names. Choose your network and select the next button.
- Now, your HP Laser Jet P1102W wireless printer will connect to a wireless network.
- Now you are free to remove the USB cable and hit the finish button on your Windows computer system.
Setting Up of HP Laser Jet P1102W Printer For Mac OS
The following steps need to be followed for setting up your printer to the Mac OS.
- Turn on your Mac device and printer.
- Make sure your printer is in ready status and is not showing any error signals.
- Connect both the printer and the Mac device using an USB cable.
- Now a pop-up window will appear that will ask for permission to download and install some required software. Click install to grant permission.
- Read all the terms and license agreement carefully and hit the agree button.
- The automatic download and installation of needed software will take place.
- After the installation is done, hit the Apple icon to open system preferences.
- Go to printers and scanners.
- Click on the Open Print Queue and hit the printer setup button.
- Go to settings and hit the utility button. Now press the open printer utility.
- A new window will appear, hit the HTML configuration button given at the bottom left corner.
- Now, hit the networking option and click on the wireless option given under the IPV4 configuration tab.
- Thereafter, in the wireless section, change its status to enable.
- Hit the apply button and then click on ok.
- Get back to the previous page. On the wireless setup page, choose your shared network name at the bottom right corner given under network name (SSID).
- Now, click on the icon showing two arrows present along with the network names.
- In the authentication field, select security mode from a drop-down menu and enter the correct network password and hit the apply button.
- Now get back to printers and scanners, and hit the (+) sign.
- A popup window will appear, choose HP Laser Jet P1102W printer on it. Then, in the use section, select your printer name from the drop-down menu. Hit add.
- Your HP printer will setup on your Mac device and is now ready to print.
Also Read :