Follow the procedures outlined below to connect your Brother printer through Bluetooth. Before attempting to link the two devices, you must first set up the Brother printer Bluetooth.
Brother Printer Bluetooth Setup:
- Select Set up Bluetooth Device from the Bluetooth option from the menu bar.
- Following that, a Bluetooth setup assistant window will appear in front of you.
- Select the printer you want to connect from the list of printers and then click on proceed.
- Select the option of entering the Bluetooth password using a unique passcode.
- After that, click OK and proceed to continue.
- The printer’s default password is the last four digits of the printer’s serial number.
- When you get to the conclusion screen, click the Quit button.
Setup a Serial Port:
- Navigate to System Preferences and then Bluetooth.
- Now, select Edit Serial Ports from the menu.
- After that, select [RS-232] from the protocol pull-down menu.
- After that, navigate to the service pull-down menu and select Apply.
Steps to add the printer to Bluetooth:
Step 1: Start the Bluetooth setup program for your Brother printer. Choose Macintosh HD Library, Printers, and then Brother Pocket Jet Utilities. Then, choose Bluetooth printer setup.app.
Step 2: Proceed to step 3 and then pick the provided port name.
Step 3: Next, select the printer from the pull-down option and click Print. Then, press the Add button. The printer device will be added to the Print and Fax option under System & Preferences.
To associate the printer with your mobile device, take these steps:
- Check that the printer’s power is turned on and that the Bluetooth (Bluetooth) indicator is lit in blue. If not, turn on the printer by pressing and holding the Power (Power) button, followed by the Bluetooth (Bluetooth) button.
- Display a list of nearby Bluetooth accessories that your device can pair with using your mobile device.
- For IOs
Tap [Settings] and then [Bluetooth] from your Apple device’s home screen.
- For use with AndroidTM devices
Tap the Apps button on your AndroidTM device’s home screen, then tap [Settings], and then tap [Bluetooth].
Toggle the switch to the “ON” position.
3. Choose your printer’s model name and, if necessary, input the passkey (PIN code).
- Does the Brother printer support Bluetooth?
Printing to these printers is simple with the right drivers and a Bluetooth-enabled computer. Set up an older member of Brother’s MFC family to print utilizing a Bluetooth connection as well. In order to make older printers with serial or USB printer ports wirelessly accessible, you need to use Bluetooth printer adapters.
- How Do I get the Bluetooth drivers for my Brother printer?
Download the correct MFC and operating system drivers. Click the “View” button after selecting the MFC printer model for which you need drivers. Your operating system is listed on the left. Choose “Online Solutions Center” from the drop-down option at the bottom of the page.Then, select your preferred language and click “Search.” Click on the download link to begin the process. Depending on which operating system you use, the default file for your downloads will be different. If you’re using Windows, move the downloaded file to your desktop to make it easier to locate and install it.
- How to install the driver on your computer for connecting brother printer to Bluetooth?
Driver installation on your PC. On Windows, Mac, or Linux, the method is slightly different from the one described above. Using Windows, click on the “Start” menu, then select “Control Panel”. “Hardware and Sound” should be selected. By selecting “Run as Administrator” from the context menu of the Brother MFC printer, you can access the printer’s properties. If you’re having trouble accessing this menu, try entering a password. To begin the installation procedure, go to the “Advanced” tab and then select the “New Driver” button. Alternatively, you can select to utilise a CD or upload your file. If you have one, put your CD into the CD-ROM drive. Go to the MFC printer driver you saved to your computer or the CD that came with your printer. To complete the procedure and install the driver, follow the on-screen instructions.
Also Read :