There are several reasons why your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw printer may not be printing. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:
- Check the printer connections: Make sure the printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it’s a wireless printer, check that it’s connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that the signal strength is strong enough.
- Check the printer status: Check if the printer is turned on and that there are no error messages on the printer control panel.
- Check the printer driver: Ensure that the printer driver is installed and up to date on your computer. You can download the latest driver from the HP website.
- Check the printer queue: Make sure that the printer queue is clear and there are no pending print jobs. If there are any, delete them and try printing again.
- Restart the printer and computer: Try restarting both the printer and your computer to see if this resolves the issue.
- Check ink/toner levels: Make sure that the ink or toner cartridges have enough ink or toner to print. If they are low, replace them.
- Run printer troubleshooter: Windows and Mac operating systems have built-in printer troubleshooters that can help identify and fix printer issues. Run the troubleshooter to see if it can resolve the problem.
If none of these steps work, you may need to contact HP customer support for further assistance.