The LaserJet Pro M404n is a highly efficient printer that can handle your printing needs with ease. However, connecting it to wireless networks can be quite challenging. This article aims to provide you with an easy and effortless way to connect your LaserJet Pro M404n to wireless networks.
Step 1: Check for Wi-Fi Availability
Before starting the connection process, you need to ensure that Wi-Fi connectivity is available. If Wi-Fi connectivity is already available, then you can skip this step. If not, you can check whether the printer supports Wi-Fi Direct. Wi-Fi Direct enables you to connect your printer to a mobile device without requiring a network.
Step 2: Connect the Printer to Wi-Fi
After checking for Wi-Fi availability, the next step is to connect the printer to Wi-Fi. You can do this by following these simple steps:
1. Press the home button on the printer.
2. Tap the wireless icon on the printer’s display.
3. Select the setup option and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to Wi-Fi.
Step 3: Install the Printer Driver
Once the printer is connected to Wi-Fi, you need to install the printer driver on your computer. You can do this by visiting the official HP website and downloading the printer driver for your operating system.
Step 4: Add Printer to Network
The final step is to add the printer to the network. This can be done by following these simple steps:
1. Click the start menu on your computer.
2. Select “Devices and Printers” from the control panel.
3. Click “Add Printer” and select the LaserJet Pro M404n from the printer list.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
In conclusion, connecting your LaserJet Pro M404n to wireless networks is not as difficult as it may seem. By following the above steps, you can easily connect your printer to Wi-Fi and start printing wirelessly. Remember to install the printer driver and add the printer to the network to complete the setup.